Friday, September 23, 2016

A remarkable rose cut retrospective.

Some weeks ago, I was chatting with the lovely Nicole from Lang Antiques (as I often do) and she said had something good to show me. Something rose cut and remarkable.

If you’ve paid attention to any of my posts on Lang Antiques’ pieces ever, you know that something noteworthy from them is always, always worth paying attention to.

Are you familiar with rose cut diamonds, my darlings? They are most commonly found in antique pieces, as it’s traditionally an older diamond cut, but I’ve been seeing a resurgence in new rose cut pieces lately in contemporary and I’m totally into it. It’s a gentle, romantic cut that shimmers with an endless luminescence, a soft contrast to the cold fire of the meticulously engineered modern round brilliant cuts.

Well, the fabulous Lang Antiques has recently come into possession of a most remarkable collection. It was the property of a curious individual identified only as “an intrepid traveler with a passion for rare and wonderful rose cut diamond jewelry.” And oh my goodness, did this person have good taste.

lang-antiques-has-come-into-posession-of-the-most-remarkable-single-owner-collection-of-rose-cut-diamond-jewelry

From rings to brooches to bracelets (and even some hair bling) this wonderful mystery person amassed rose cut diamonds of every shape and size. Can you think of anything more satisfying than having an interest this specific – rose cut diamonds, mostly antique – and also having the funds and time to pursue it?

I think that my own tastes are too eclectic to ever concentrate my buying power in a niche this specific, but I’m sure that if I had enough money in my jewelry buying budget I could come up with some pretty fabulous mini-collections. Something to daydream about!

I’ve known about this rose-cut goodness for a while, but I couldn’t figure out how to write about it…I’ve decided that just presenting you with an overview of alllllllll of the beauty is the best way to go. Without further ado:

Click to view slideshow.

Please peruse the slideshow for an overview of what the collection has to offer, or just click straight over to Lang Antiques to see all the rose cut deliciousness for yourself.

You’ll notice there’s also a bonus tiara in there – a real Victorian era stunner. I don’t know who this rose cut collecting world traveler was, but they were a jewelry lover after my own heart.

 

The post A remarkable rose cut retrospective. appeared first on Diamonds in the Library.



from Diamonds in the Library http://ift.tt/2cIw8Dk

No comments:

Post a Comment