Monday, August 8, 2016

Elisa Solomon’s joyful jewelry.

I’ve been aware of Elisa Solomon’s jewelry for a while, but I didn’t realize the full extent of my love for her tiny, beautiful designs until I met them (and her!) in person recently at the JA New York Show. As soon as I had her pieces in my hands, I knew they were too fabulous not to share with you as soon as humanly possible.

Beautiful necklaces by Elisa Solomon. The peace sign, heart, and opal eye. In gold with gemstones.

As current events too frequently to remind us, there’s a lot of darkness in the world. Sometimes it’s nice to have something to put on that reminds you of all that is good, a portable talisman that calls to mind all things happy and bright whenever you look at it. That’s what you get in Elisa Solomon’s jewelry.

It’s even intentional! Here it is in a nutshell, in Elisa Solomon’s own words:

I want people to feel like smiling when they wear my jewelry.  I am drawn to color in my designs more than ever.  The latest world events feel terribly heavy and grim.  I try to make jewelry that makes you feel some joy and brightness. … I love what I do and my business is such a gratifying part of my life!

 

Beautiful earrings by Elisa Solomon.Elisa Solomon is a lifelong jewelry lover; she grew up learning to appreciate jewelry at her mother’s side, and then her passion blossomed into full flower when she began learning how to make it herself:

I have had a passion for jewelry since I was a little girl.  It definitely comes from my mom.  She introduced me to artisan, vintage, and fine jewelry from a young age.  When I started Jewelry and Metalsmithing classes during my first semester at The University of Michigan, it was a beautiful fit.  I interned every summer with various talented designers and learned so much from working and listening.

Beautiful rings by Elisa Solomon. With diamonds and gemstones.

Elisa says that she’s especially passionate about creating designs that could serve as alternative bridal pieces for just the right brides and grooms who are looking for something a bit different – the pieces immediately above are actually in platinum, and any one of them would be an amazing wedding band.

Beautiful rings by Elisa Solomon. Heart, puppy, and peace sign. With diamonds and gemstones.

Elisa Solomon’s large collection of tiny, beautiful rings just beg to be stacked. I have a particular weakness for the heart on the left above – color combinations with pink, blue, and gold are a superfavorite of mine.

Also, how cute is that dog ring with the pointy little ears?? I met another designer at the JANY show who said she’d bought that ring for herself on sight, because he looked just like her own dog.

Beautiful stud earrings by Elisa Solomon.How perfect are these tiny, pretty studs? I want to put them all on at once. I especially love how the crescent moon studs are each centered by one baguette diamond flanked by rounds. Such a thoughtful, unique touch.

Best of all? Her price points start at a pretty affordable level, with the sterling silver pieces. Definitely don’t be afraid to check out her online store if you’re liking what you see here.

Thank you, Elisa Solomon, for bringing these lovely little pieces of pure jewelry joy into the world. Don’t stop – we need these bits of wearable happiness in our lives.

A beautiful charm bracelet by Elisa Solomon.

Please note: I did receive a necklace as a gift from Elisa Solomon. While this did delight me, it did not affect my opinion of the product. All images c/o Elisa Solomon.

The post Elisa Solomon’s joyful jewelry. appeared first on Diamonds in the Library.



from Diamonds in the Library http://ift.tt/2b0IJEu

No comments:

Post a Comment