Monday, August 22, 2016

One reader on how DitL inspired her custom engagement ring!

I could not possible be more excited to share this very special post with you today, my darlings. It’s about one of you – a fabulous Diamonds in the Library reader named Bella – and how reading this blog led her to the creation of her very own custom engagement ring.

I had the pleasure of following along with Bella’s story from as distance, since she first reached out ages ago to show me the family ring she planned on having reset, and then followed up to tell me that her husband-to-be had popped the question with the ring of her dreams, designed exactly as she’d imagined.

What do I have to do with any of this? Bella’s custom engagement ring was inspired by an antique piece featured here on Diamonds in the Library! I can’t tell you how honored I am to have been involved in someone else’s engagement ring journey, even in this small way.

Reader Bella had her very own engagement ring custom designed after she found inspiration in an antique ring featured on Diamonds in the Library.

Here’s the ring! Isn’t it gorgeous?

Bella is as articulate as she is discriminating in jewelry taste, so with her permission, I’m including the email she wrote me so that you can hear her incredible custom engagement ring story: 

Back in the end of December, my longtime boyfriend said that I should start sending him rings I liked. I actually really had a soft spot for big, warm, old cut stones such as Old European cuts and Old Mine cuts, but my mom mentioned that her old Marquise was sitting in the safety deposit box.

The 1980's marquise diamond ring that Diamonds in the Libray reader Bella had remade into her Art Deco inspired engagement ring.

The diamond was fantastic, but the ring was made in 1989 and it showed.

I love the look of vintage pieces, but since my family doesn’t have any heirlooms, he created one for me! I had sent him the photo of the E-W marquise because I liked how it wouldn’t catch on things, it was low-profile, and it seems classic and so vintage.

My fiancé, Brett, went to Wedding Day Diamonds in Saint Louis Park, Minnesota and worked with Sean. He brought in the photo and they worked their magic.

Reader Bella had her very own engagement ring custom designed after she found inspiration in an Art Deco era ring featured on Diamonds in the Library. Here are the side details.

He approved the CAD and the ring was ready in a few weeks.

http://ift.tt/2bbVtnR <—- This is a link to the CAD.

Reader Bella had her very own engagement ring custom designed after she found inspiration in an Art Deco era ring featured on Diamonds in the Library.

Isn’t it a beauty??

Art Deco East-West marquise engagement ring by Tiffany and Co., circa 1925.

Here’s a peek at the antique piece that inspired Bella’s custom engagement ring – it’s a 1920’s Tiffany & Co. East-West marquise diamond ring, sold by Erstwhile Jewelry Co (the photos are by Erstwhile) and you can read all about it here, in the original post.

I think Bella’s custom engagement ring does a wonderful job of capturing so much of what makes the original ring remarkable while still creating its own spirit. I love seeing the past inspiring the present like this.

Diamonds in the Library reader Bella and her handsome fiancee, shortly before he proposed with a custom-designed engagement ring.

Thank you so much, Bella, for sharing your story with us and CONGRATULATIONS again to you and Brett!!!!

The post One reader on how DitL inspired her custom engagement ring! appeared first on Diamonds in the Library.



from Diamonds in the Library http://ift.tt/2bGKZym

No comments:

Post a Comment