Monday, June 20, 2016

Hamilton jewelry, for A.Ham superfans.

Last November, while visiting NYC, I was lucky enough to tag along with a friend who was planning on entering the Hamilton ticket lottery. I hadn’t even listened to the soundtrack yet, but my other plans had fallen through, so why not? I threw my name in, alongside 800 or so others.

And I won. Two front row seats, $10 each.

Hamilton and Lafayette high five

After seeing Hamilton sweep the Tony Awards, I figured it was time to take this horse by the reins and find you some Hamilton jewelry.

Please play this YouTube playlist in the background while reading this post.

Hamilton jewelry, for A.Ham superfans:

While we're talking about Hamilton jewelry, I can't leave out this custom locket made to look like the musical's playbill.Whether you’ve made it into the room where it happens (aka the Richard Rogers theater) or if it’s still one of the million things you haven’t done, you can wear a locket made to look like Hamilton‘s Playbill. Who could say no to this?

This antique Victorian era gold filled brooch shaped like an axe is in memory of George Washington. It's a reference to the infamous 'I cannot tell a lie' cherry tree story.

This Victorian era gold-filled brooch in the shape of an ax is emblazoned with the name “Washington,” presumably in reference to the infamous “I cannot tell a lie” cherry tree story.

All I have to say is: HERE COMES THE GENERAL. Which, incidentally, is what my iPhone plays when I get a phone call.

Hamilton jewelry - Bring the Schuyler sisters with you everywhere you go with these enamel pins. Work!

Oh snap! Look who just snuck into the city. It’s Angelica, Eliza…and Peggy! The Schuyler sisters in colorful enamel pin form. Work, work!

Realtalk: this is the Hamilton jewelry I’m most likely to buy for myself.

...and Peggy. A necklace in honor of the least talked-about Schuyler sister.

Or if you have a weak spot for the least-discussed sister, the only one who resists the pull of the $10 founding father…this is for you.

I'm not throwin' away my shot! Tell the world you're as determined as Alexander Hamilton with this Hamilton jewelry.

Are you determined to not throw away your shot? Say it loud and proud.

Bonus points to the pendant for accurately punctuating the contraction in “throwin’ away my shot.” I like my Hamilton jewelry to be grammatically correct.

This necklace bears Lafayette's infamous line from the musical Hamilton - 'You're the worst, Burr.'

And speaking of Hamilton’s main posse…here’s a comment from America’s favorite fighting Frenchman. (Bless you, Etsy.)

Talk less, smile more Aaron Burr bracelet with the famous lyric from Hamilton.

But let’s not even speak. Let’s just smile. After all, the world is wide enough.

Hamilton jewelry - An A. Ham necklace is the perfect accessort for jewelry-loving Hamilton fans!I have the honor to be your obedient servant, A.Ham.

I know you’ll never be satisfied (I’ll never be satisfied) but I think I’ve shown you about as much Hamilton jewelry as I can. But the people will hear from me one last time:

This stamped cuff bears one of the most memorable lyrics from the musical Hamilton

For Eliza. And that will have to be enough.

This Hamilton jewelry all came from Etsy – so now I need you to step up, fine jewelry industry. Put yourselves back in the narrative.

The post Hamilton jewelry, for A.Ham superfans. appeared first on Diamonds in the Library.



from Diamonds in the Library http://ift.tt/28JJHCF

No comments:

Post a Comment